Wd Nas Mac Software
- Oct 12, 2019 Hi! I have a WD passport that won’t open! I recently updated my Mac to OS Catalina, and I think that is the reason why. The WD SmartWare Icon appears on my desktop. When I push it, I get into a folder. When I try to open DriverUnlock I get this message: “The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS.
- Western Digital Hard Drive Backup Software. The steps below can help you to download the Western Digital backup software. Launch a new web browser tab and go to the manufacturer’s site. Select the product from the Product drop-down list. Click the WD backup tab. Next, click the Download button. The file will be downloaded in the desired location.
Wd My Passport For Mac Software
Aug 07, 2020 If you want to use your WD Elements drive without any special software on your Mac. Then yes you need to put the WD Elements drive in a format your Mac can read and write to. And yes if you want to use your WD Elements drive for a Time Machine backup. You can skip the formatting. And instead get some software so that you can use on your Mac. The software is useful if you have files already on the Elements drive.
Wd Software Download
- First, turn on the computer and connect the WD My Passport drive to the computer.
- Now, check whether the drive is displayed in the computer’s file management utility list.
- If any new hardware is found, click the Cancel button to close it.
- Now, the Western Digital software will install the correct driver for your drive.
- Next, double-click the Western Digital application setup file that is displayed in the computer’s file management utility to view the Western Digital application Setup Wizard.
- Click the Next option to view the Installation Type.
- Now, on the Installation Type dialog box, choose the option that you want to make use for the installation.
- The Recommended Install will install all the Western Digital software while the Custom install can install only the Western Digital software that you choose.
- Read the Western Digital End User License Agreement by clicking the link.
- Tick the I Agree box to agree and then click the Next button.
- A dialog box will be displayed depending on the installation type that you have chosen.