If that is a Windows app with no OS X equivalent, then you need to run Windows.
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2017 with SoftImage: 978I1: Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard 2017: 661I1: Autodesk Advance Concrete 2017: 960I1. Autodesk AutoCAD LT for Mac 2017: 827I1: Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2017: 129I1: Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2017: 206I1: Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2017: 235I1: Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2017: 448I1.
- The AutoCAD file you are importing is measured in feet and inches. It is best to use the same units setting in 3ds Max. From the Customize menu, choose Units Setup.
- AutoCAD ® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings. Draft, annotate, and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects.
RunWindows on Intel Macs
The results are: Autodesk AutoCAD (8.8) vs. Autodesk 3ds Max (8.9) for general quality and usefulness; Autodesk AutoCAD (98%) vs. Autodesk 3ds Max (98%) for user satisfaction rating. Examine their high and low points and see which software is a better choice for your company.
There are presently several alternatives for running Windows on Intel Macs. Here is a list of the primary options in the market place.
- Apple Boot Camp software. Boot Camp enables you to boot the computer into OS X or Windows. (Free because it comes with OS X. You must own a legitimate Windows Full Retail Installer.)
- Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels is a software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
- VM Fusion.VM Fusion is software virtualization that enables running Windows concurrently with OS X.
- CrossOver. Enables running many Windows applications without having to install Windows. The Windows applications can run concurrently with OS X.
- VirtualBox. Open Source freeware virtual machine such as VM Fusion and Parallels that was developed by Solaris. (Free because it comes with OS X. You must own a legitimate Windows Full Retail Installer.)
- Veertu. A new entry from Open Source utilizing native virtualization. It’s a fast and secure way to run VMs on the Mac.
- Veertu Desktop is supported on Mac models of early/mid-2011 or later running Yosemite 10.10 or later.
Parallels, VM Fusion, VirtualBox, and Veertu can also run other operating systems such as Linux, Unix, OS/2, Solaris, etc. There are performance differences between dual-boot systems and virtualization. The latter tend to be a little slower (not much) and do not provide the video performance of the dual-boot system. A 2015 comparison of Parallels, VM Fusion, and Virtual Box is found at 2015 VM Benchmarks: Parallels 11 vs. Fusion 8 vs. VirtualBox 5. A review of these and other competitors is found in PCMag: The Best Virtualization Software of 2017. Boot Camp is available with Lion and later.
You must also have an internal optical drive for installing Windows. Windows cannot be installed from an external optical drive. Windows must be installed on an internal drive if you use Boot Camp. A license must be purchased for all commercial software and operating system products. Open Source software is free.
Some Boot Camp Articles from Apple Support.
Boot Camp Support.
Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Install Windows using Boot Camp.
Boot Camp Control Panel Users Guide.
Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp.
Autodesk 3d Max
Use Windows 8.1 on your Mac with Boot Camp.
Autocad 3d Model Download
Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp.
Autocad 3d Max For Mac Os
Aug 13, 2017 10:43 PM